From "Pindi, Srinivas" <srinivas.pi...@epsilon.com>
Subject Undefined column. columnName=IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:47:27 GMT
Problem Statement:

While we are trying to create a phoenix view and we are getting the following exception.

                When I looked at the source code here is what I found:

if (currentServerSideTableTimeStamp < MetaDataProtocol.MIN_SYSTEM_TABLE_TIMESTAMP_4_6_0)
{

columnsToAdd += PhoenixDatabaseMetaData.IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP + " " + PBoolean.INSTANCE.getSqlTypeName();

}

Version:

                Server    phoenix-4.6.1-HBase-1.0-1.17.0.21

                Client     phoenix-4.6.1-HBase-1.0-1.17.0.21

Error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error running CREATE VIEW XYZ  ("A" VARCHAR, "B" VARCHAR)
AS SELECT * FROM HBASE_TABLE_1 WHERE (KEY  >= '0-02UsG-0' AND KEY  <= '0-02UsG-g') AND
UPDATED_DATE IS NOT NULL

        ... 90 more

Caused by: org.apache.phoenix.schema.ColumnNotFoundException: ERROR 504 (42703): Undefined
column. columnName=IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP

        at org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.getColumn(PTableImpl.java:647)

        at org.apache.phoenix.compile.FromCompiler$SingleTableColumnResolver.resolveColumn(FromCompiler.java:361)

        at org.apache.phoenix.compile.UpsertCompiler.compile(UpsertCompiler.java:386)

        at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:553)

        at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixStatement$ExecutableUpsertStatement.compilePlan(PhoenixStatement.java:541)

        at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixPreparedStatement.getParameterMetaData(PhoenixPreparedStatement.java:246)

        at org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient.addColumnMutation(MetaDataClient.java:707)

        at org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataClient.createTableInternal(MetaDataClient.java:1943)

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.