From Plamen Paskov <plamen.pas...@next-stream.com>
Subject apache phoenix json api
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:24:32 GMT
Hi guys,
I just setup apache phoenix 4.7 and set the serialization to JSON. Now
i'm trying to run a select statement but what i receive is this:

{
   "response": "executeResults",
   "missingStatement": true,
   "rpcMetadata": {
     "response": "rpcMetadata",
     "serverAddress": "ip-172-31-27-198:8765"
   },
   "results": null
}

My request looks like this:

curl -XPOST -H 'request: {"request":"prepareAndExecute",
"connectionId":"1", "sql":"select * from us_population",
"maxRowCount":-1}' http://52.31.63.96:8765/

Running the select above from the command line is fine and it returns 2
rows :

sqlline version 1.1.8
0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> select * from us_population;
+-------+------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+
| STATE |                   CITY                   |
POPULATION                |
| CA    | Los Angeles                              |
3844829                                  |
| NY    | New York                                 |
8143197                                  |
2 rows selected (0.087 seconds)

Can you give me some direction what i'm doing wrong as i'm not java dev
and it's not possible for me to read and understand the source code.

Thanks in advance !