From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix transactions not committing.
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 04:25:11 GMT
As I mentioned about a week ago, I am working on a golang client using
protobuf serialization with the phoenix query server. I have
successfully dealt with the serialization of requests and responses.

However, I am trying to commit a transaction and just doesn't seem to
commit.

Here's what I am doing (I am not including the WireMessage message that
wraps the requests/responses for brevity):

I have a table called "my_table", created by running this sql in
Squirrel SQL: CREATE TABLE my_table (k BIGINT PRIMARY KEY, v VARCHAR)
TRANSACTIONAL=true

OpenConnectionRequest {
   connection_id: "myconnectionid"
}

statementID = CreateStatementRequest {
   connection_id: "myconnectionid"
}

PrepareAndExecuteRequest {
   connection_id : "myconnectionid"
   statement_id = statementID
   sql = " UPSERT INTO my_table VALUES (1,'A')"
}

CommitRequest {
   connection_id: "myconnectionid"
}

After sending the commands to the query service, I executed "SELECT *
FROM my_table" in Squirrel SQL, but I do not see any records. There also
doesn't seem to be anything interesting in the tephra or hbase master logs.

What is causing this problem?