From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SYSTEM.CATALOG Table Is Not Recreated
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:49:14 GMT
Yes. When restarting the client I get an error about the table not found. And if I leave sqlline
just sitting there, I see the create statement appear over and over in the master logs.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 2:29 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I'm assuming you restarted your client too (i.e. the client JVM)?
>
>> On Tuesday, April 19, 2016, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have restarted the cluster several times, with no luck. Any other ideas? HBase
is up, but I cannot connect via sqlline because this table does not exist.

>>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:28 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
wrote:
>>> Make sure you bounce your cluster too (or at a minimun the region server hosting
the SYSTEM.CATALOG), as you must be picking up the server cached table.

do to what appeared to be corruption with these two tables.

but they are not. I do see in the Hbase master logs that the create table statement for SYSTEM.CATALOG
should be executed, and I do not see any errors around the create statement in the logs, however
the table is never created.