Hi,

At my previous job, we had web-services fetching data from a secure hbase cluster. We never needed to renew the lease by restarting webserver. Our app used to renew the ticket. I think, Phoenix/HBase already handles renewing ticket. Maybe you need to look into your kerberos environment settings.  How are you authenticating with Phoenix/HBase?
Sorry, I dont remember the exact kerberos setting that we had.

HTH,
Anil Gupta