From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Updating Stats
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:25:16 GMT
| TABLE_CAT | TABLE_SCHEM | TABLE_NAME | COLUMN_NAME                              |       |
+-----------------+----------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------------------+-----+
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | PHYSICAL_NAME
                 | 12  |
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | COLUMN_FAMILY
                 | 12  |
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POST_KEY
                | -3   |
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POSTS_WIDTH
            | -5   |
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | LAST_STATS_UPDATE_TIME
       | 91  |
|                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POSTS_ROW_COUNT
    | -5   |

I have attached the SYSTEM.CATALOG contents.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 9:34 AM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry Ben, I may not be clear in first comment but I need you to describe SYSTEM.STATS
in some sql client so that I can see the columns present.
> And also please scan 'SYSTEM.CATALOG' ,{RAW=>true} in hbase shell and attach a output
here.

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Ankit,
>
> I did not see any problems when connecting with the phoenix sqlline client. So, below
is the what you asked for. I hope that you can give us insight into fixing this.

> hbase(main):005:0> describe 'SYSTEM.STATS'
> Table SYSTEM.STATS is ENABLED

> SYSTEM.STATS, {TABLE_ATTRIBUTES => {coprocessor$1 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.ScanRegionObserver|805306366|',
coprocessor$2 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggr
> egateRegionObserver|805306366|', coprocessor$3 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObserver|805306366|',
coprocessor$4 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.Serv
> erCachingEndpointImpl|805306366|', coprocessor$5 => '|org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.MultiRowMutationEndpoint|805306366|',
coprocessor$6 => '|org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserv
> er.LocalIndexSplitter|805306366|', METADATA => {'SPLIT_POLICY' => 'org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataSplitPolicy'}}

> COLUMN FAMILIES DESCRIPTION

> {NAME => '0', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW', REPLICATION_SCOPE
=> '0', VERSIONS => '3', COMPRESSION => 'NONE', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', TTL =>
'FOREVER', KEEP
> _DELETED_CELLS => 'true', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', IN_MEMORY => 'false', BLOCKCACHE
=> 'true'}

> 1 row(s) in 0.0280 seconds
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

>> On Mar 15, 2016, at 11:59 PM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com <mailto:ankitsinghal59@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Yes it seems to.
>> Did you get any error related to SYSTEM.STATS when the client is connected first
time ?

>> can you please describe your system.stats table and paste the output here.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> When trying to run update status on an existing table in hbase, I get error:
>> Update stats:
>> UPDATE STATISTICS "ops_csv" ALL
>> error:
>> ERROR 504 (42703): Undefined column. columnName=REGION_NAME
>> Looks like the meta data information is messed up, ie. there is no column with name
REGION_NAME in this table.