From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: array support issue
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:14:58 GMT
I believe I've seen something similar while interfacing between Apache NiFi
and Phoenix. From the bit of debugging I did yesterday with my colleague,
NiFi is querying the system table for schema information about the target
table. My target table has a VARCHAR ARRAY column, which is reported as
DATA_TYPE 2003. NiFi then provides this type number to the setObject
method. Phoenix actually has no type registered to DATA_TYPE 2003. Perhaps
Squirrel is doing something similar?

I think Phoenix either needs a generic Array type registered to 2003 that
can dispatch to the appropriate PDataType implementation, or it needs to
store the correct array DATA_TYPE number in the schema table. In this case,
it should be 3000 (base array offset) + 12 (varchar) = 3012.