From Rafit Izhak-Ratzin <ra...@robinsystems.com>
Subject Re: Can't change TTL using alter table
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2016 02:20:51 GMT
Hi Samarth,

The alter table request I am issuing is the following:
0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> alter table physical_temperature set ttl=86600;
16/03/05 17:56:01 INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Closing master protocol: MasterService
16/03/05 17:56:01 INFO client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Closing zookeeper sessionid=0x153447ca45c1a36
16/03/05 17:56:01 WARN query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl: Attempt to cache
older version of PHYSICAL_TEMPERATURE: current= 0, new=0
No rows affected (5.218 seconds)

the DDL statement for my table is:
create table if not exists physical_temperature (hostname varchar not null,
time integer not null, type varchar, devicename varchar not null,
temperature_c integer CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY (hostname, time,
devicename)) TTL=7200;

I am using an open source versions:
Phoenix version 4.5, Hbase version 0.98 Running with Cloudera 5.2

Thanks alot for your help!!!

--Rafit

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Samarth Jain <samarth@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, are you using the open source version or a vendor supplied distro?
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Samarth Jain <samarth@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Rafit,
>>
>> Changing TTL the way you are doing it should work. Do you have any
>> concurrent requests going on that are issuing some kind of ALTER TABLE
>> statements? Also, would you mind posting the DDL statement for your table?
>>
>> - Samarth
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Rafit Izhak-Ratzin <
>> rafit@robinsystems.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am looking for a way to change the ttl of a table that already exists.
>>> I ran the command below and got the warning message shown below:
>>>
>>> 0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost> alter table INSTANCE_CPU set ttl=86600;
>>> 16/02/28 21:39:40 INFO
>>> client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Closing master
>>> protocol: MasterService
>>> 16/02/28 21:39:40 INFO
>>> client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Closing zookeeper
>>> sessionid=0x1532b79a8260087