From Steve Terrell <sterr...@oculus360.us>
Subject Re: How do I query the phoenix query server?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:07:53 GMT
Hi!  Everything I say below pertains only to Phoenix 4.6.0.  Don't know
what changes in 4.7.0.

Judging from the port number, you must be using the thin client server.
Have you seen this page?  https://phoenix.apache.org/server.html  .  It has
JDBC info.

I got the thin client jar to work with SQuirreL Client, but I found that
sometimes upserts and deletes did not take effect, even though there was no
error reply.  So I don't use the thin client.  (Had no problems with
read-only queries.)

So, I decided to use only the phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-client.jar JDBC
instead for both read/write.

In fact, I wrote my own query server that uses the latter JDBC connection
so I can have clients that perform queries with HTTP without having to have
a jar file.

Hope this helps,
    Steve