From Swapna Swapna <talktoswa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implement Custom Aggregate Functions in Phoenix
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:09:02 GMT
HI James/Team,

1. I'm trying to implement the generic (custom) aggregate function and
using verison:  *phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98 *with single-node (having hbase
and phoenix exists in one node)

When i downloaded and installed, noticed that SumAggregateFunction.class
exists in all the below mentioned jars as per bin folder :

-  phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-client.jar

-  phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-client-minimal.jar

-  phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-client-without-hbase.jar

-  phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-server.jar

-  phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-server-without-antlr.jar

-  phoenix-core-4.6.0-HBase-0.98.jar

-  phoenix-server-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-runnable.jar

But as the per the source code base , *phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-0.98-src*,
aggregate source files exists in only '*phoenix-core'* module. Please
clarify.

2. As i found the aggregate source code functions exists in only
phoenix-core' module, i've implemented the custom aggregate function and
rebuild the jar '*phoenix-core-4.6.0-HBase-0.98.jar'* , copied to hbase lib
directory in the master/region server and restarted hbase.

3. When im trying the execute the Phoenix query through sqlline, im
gettting the below error. This could be because I've not updated the client
jar with my new function.

*Error: ERROR 6001 (42F01): Function undefined. functionName=[mytest]
(state=42F01,code=6001)*org.apache.phoenix.schema.FunctionNotFoundException:
ERROR 6001 (42F01): Function undefined. functionName=[mytest]

Kindly help me to know the list of jar's to be modified when implementing
custom aggregate functions.