From Li Gao <g...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Question about in-flight new rows while index creation in progress
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 21:34:02 GMT
Hi Community,

I want to understand and confirm whether it is expected behavior that a
long running index creation will capture all in-flight new rows to the data
table while the index creation is still in progress.

i.e. when I issue CREATE INDEX there are only 1 million rows
after I issued CREATE INDEX call, before CREATE INDEX finishes there are 9
million new rows inserted into the data table

So when CREATE INDEX completes, will there be total of 10 million rows?

Thanks,
Li