From Subramanyam Satyanarayana <ssatyanaray...@metabiota.com>
Subject Inserting null byte character in a query
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:55:44 GMT
We have designed a few tables where our application does the construction of the composite
row key and derive it as a Primary key field before writing to Phoenix. Given that Phoenix
uses a null byte character as a separator for the row key construction, we went with the same
separator in our string concatenation.

We are now trying to run some Upserts Phoenix queries to populate the table, we are finding
a hard time to construct the String using the phoenix query syntaxes. We have a feeling that
there is an easy way to do this, that we may not be thinking about. Just wanted to find out
from the group to see what is that we may be missing?

Some of the options we have tried are  testField||('\u000’0, ‘\\u0000', ‘\0’)

—
Regards,
Subbu
Manager, Platform Services
Metabiota, Inc. (www.metabiota.com<http://www.metabiota.com/>)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail (email) transmission
(including attachments), is intended by Metabiota for the use of the named individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential.
It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any individual or entity other than
the named addressee except as otherwise expressly permitted in this email transmission. If
you have received this email in error, please delete it without copying or forwarding it,
and notify the sender of the error by email reply.