From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Tephra not starting correctly.
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:54:41 GMT
I have been trying to get tephra working, but wasn't able to get it
starting successfully.

I have a HDFS and HBase 1.1 cluster running in docker containers. I have
confirmed that Phoenix, HDFS and HBase are both working correctly.
Phoenix and the Phoenix query server are also installed correctly and I
can access the cluster using Squirrel SQL with the thin client.

Here's what I have done:

In the hbase-site.xml of the region servers and masters, add the following:

<property>
   <name>data.tx.snapshot.dir</name>
   <value>/tmp/tephra/snapshots</value>
</property>

<property>
   <name>data.tx.timeout</name>
   <value>60</value>
</property>

In the hbase-site.xml of the phoenix query server, add:

<property>
   <name>phoenix.transactions.enabled</name>
   <value>true</value>
</property>

For the master, copy the following to hbase/lib:
phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-1.1-server
phoenix-core-4.7.0-HBase-1.1

Also, copy tephra and tephra-env.sh to hbase/bin

On the region server, copy the following to hbase/lib:
phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-1.1-server
phoenix-core-4.7.0-HBase-1.1

For the phoenix query server, copy the following to hbase/lib:
phoenix-server-4.7.0-HBase-1.1-runnable
phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-1.1-client

This is what I get when I try to start tephra on the master:

root@f826338-hmaster1:/opt/hbase/bin# ./tephra start
Wed Mar 30 09:54:08 UTC 2016 Starting tephra service on
f826338-hmaster1.f826338
Running class co.cask.tephra.TransactionServiceMain

root@f826338-hmaster1:/opt/hbase/bin# ./tephra status
checking status
  * tephra is not running

Any pointers appreciated! :)