From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I query the phoenix query server?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:20:07 GMT
Correct, James:

Phoenix-4.7.0 uses Calcite-1.6.0. This included lots of goodies includes
commit/rollback support. Phoenix-4.6.0 used Calcite-1.3.0. In general,
if you want to use the QueryServer, I'd strongly recommend trying to go
with Phoenix-4.7.0. You'll inherit *lots* of bugfixes/improvements.

@F21: For implementing your own client, you might be interested in
http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/json_reference.html. If you need
help, please reach out (here or on dev@calcite.apache.org). A Go client
would be fantastic. Making this an official-client for Avatica, it'd be
great :)

@Steve, are you saying that you found PQS to also require
commons-collections to be added? The
phoenix-server-$VERSION-runnable.jar should contain all necessary
classes -- if that's not true, that's a bug we can fix.