From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Updating Stats
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:44:03 GMT
I got it to work by uninstalling Phoenix and reinstalling it again. I had to wipe clean all
components.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 10:47 AM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It seems from the attached logs that you have upgraded phoenix to 4.7 version and now
you are using old client to connect with it.
> "Update statistics" command and guideposts will not work with old client after upgradation
to 4.7, you need to use the new client for such operations.

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> | TABLE_CAT | TABLE_SCHEM | TABLE_NAME | COLUMN_NAME                              |
     |
> +-----------------+----------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------------------+-----+
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | PHYSICAL_NAME
                      | 12  |
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | COLUMN_FAMILY
                      | 12  |
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POST_KEY
                     | -3   |
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POSTS_WIDTH
                 | -5   |
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | LAST_STATS_UPDATE_TIME
        | 91  |
> |                      | SYSTEM            | STATS              | GUIDE_POSTS_ROW_COUNT
      | -5   |

> I have attached the SYSTEM.CATALOG contents.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

>> On Mar 16, 2016, at 9:34 AM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com <mailto:ankitsinghal59@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Sorry Ben, I may not be clear in first comment but I need you to describe SYSTEM.STATS
in some sql client so that I can see the columns present.
>> And also please scan 'SYSTEM.CATALOG' ,{RAW=>true} in hbase shell and attach a
output here.

>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Ankit,
>>
>> I did not see any problems when connecting with the phoenix sqlline client. So, below
is the what you asked for. I hope that you can give us insight into fixing this.

>> hbase(main):005:0> describe 'SYSTEM.STATS'
>> Table SYSTEM.STATS is ENABLED

>> SYSTEM.STATS, {TABLE_ATTRIBUTES => {coprocessor$1 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.ScanRegionObserver|805306366|',
coprocessor$2 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggr
>> egateRegionObserver|805306366|', coprocessor$3 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObserver|805306366|',
coprocessor$4 => '|org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.Serv
>> erCachingEndpointImpl|805306366|', coprocessor$5 => '|org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.MultiRowMutationEndpoint|805306366|',
coprocessor$6 => '|org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserv
>> er.LocalIndexSplitter|805306366|', METADATA => {'SPLIT_POLICY' => 'org.apache.phoenix.schema.MetaDataSplitPolicy'}}

>> COLUMN FAMILIES DESCRIPTION

>> {NAME => '0', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW',
REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0', VERSIONS => '3', COMPRESSION => 'NONE', MIN_VERSIONS =>
'0', TTL => 'FOREVER', KEEP
>> _DELETED_CELLS => 'true', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', IN_MEMORY => 'false', BLOCKCACHE
=> 'true'}

>> 1 row(s) in 0.0280 seconds
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

>>> On Mar 15, 2016, at 11:59 PM, Ankit Singhal <ankitsinghal59@gmail.com <mailto:ankitsinghal59@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Yes it seems to.
>>> Did you get any error related to SYSTEM.STATS when the client is connected first
time ?

>>> can you please describe your system.stats table and paste the output here.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> When trying to run update status on an existing table in hbase, I get error:
>>> Update stats:
>>> UPDATE STATISTICS "ops_csv" ALL
>>> error:
>>> ERROR 504 (42703): Undefined column. columnName=REGION_NAME
>>> Looks like the meta data information is messed up, ie. there is no column with
name REGION_NAME in this table.