From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Secondary index memory footprint
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:05:45 GMT
Thank you Anil.
Any inputs on what does IN_MEMORY = false do at index creation time?
I get the separate table part. But not sure I understood why would memory footprint be equal
to data size. Would this secondary index reside entirely in memory? I guess only parts of
it would reside on block cache, right?
Thanks for such a prompt reply.Sumit

      From: anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
 To: "user@phoenix.apache.org" <user@phoenix.apache.org>; Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com>

 Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:11 PM
 Subject: Re: Secondary index memory footprint

Global indexes are stored in a separate hbase table. So, you can estimate memory footprint
by looking at the data size of that index currently.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to estimate what (if any) are the implications of accumulating data in phoenix
secondary index. I have a secondary index on 3 columns and would like to know if anyone has
an idea of how to estimate memory footprint of secondary index (if any) based on number of
entries in data table. The index is global and not local.
Plus, what is the impact of setting IN_MEMORY=true when index is created?
Thanks,Sumit

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta