Hi,

I recently started testing HBase/Phoenix as a storage solution for our data. The problem is that I am not able to execute some "simple queries". I am using phoenix 4.5.2 and hbase 1.0.0-cdh5.4.0. After creating a table and making some selects (full scan), I started using local indexes to accelerate it. As I know, global indexes only work for covered queries, but:

Unlike global indexes, local indexes will use an index even when all columns referenced in the query are not contained in the index.

Knowing this, I prepared a simple test. A table with 3 columns: the primary key, a locally indexed column and a non indexed column.
Querying by the indexed column works as expected, but if I try to use both columns, it does a full scan.

I know that I can include both columns on the index, but this is not supposed to be required.

In a previous mail I wrote a more detailed example of the test: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/phoenix-user/201512.mbox/%3CCAOJgazo-oCahZxsXrdOOsJxm-DVp7SzcNZhDDNJ2DWzkiNhfvA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Am I doing something wrong, or missing some step?
Or it is impossible what I am trying to do?
Is there some way to do this without include the other columns in the index?

Thanks,
Jacobo Coll