Thanks for the update James.

Is the latest HBase getting integrated into BigTop - perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, but this is what I found and it's hard to tell if it's the latest.

https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/hbase

It seems like the latest EMR version uses BigTop and though it's not clear what they use from it and whether HBase will start re-appearing in current EMR releases, it seems like standards are getting baked in and it would likely ease adoption?

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/ReleaseGuide/emr-release-components.html

Thanks