From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected region splits
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:35:00 GMT
Hi Pedro,

You may need to configure your split policy
to ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy if you want *hbase.hregion.max.filesize to
be adhered strictly * (as default policy is
IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy which uses Min (R^2 *
“hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size”, “hbase.hregion.max.filesize”), where R
is the number of regions of the same table hosted on the same regionserver)

You may read below article to understand splitting policies:-
http://hortonworks.com/blog/apache-hbase-region-splitting-and-merging/

Regards,
Ankit Singhal