From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase on EMR for phoenix
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:39:33 GMT
The problem is that EMR hasn't updating their HBase version past 0.94 in
the last two years. Phoenix stopped doing releases supporting 0.94 a year
ago and HBase has moved well past 0.94 as well. Phoenix will run just fine
on EMR if they update their HBase version. My two cents: I'd recommend
continuing to let the folks over at EMR know that you'd like to see this
happen. We don't have any control over that, though.

Thanks,
James