From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How does delete work in Apache phoenix?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 22:10:57 GMT
If auto commit is off or the table is transactional, we batch deletes when
you do a commit (see HTable.batchMutation() call in MutationState) or if
auto commit is on (depending on the query) we process completely on server
side (like BulkDeleteProtocol) in our UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver
coprocessor.

I'd recommend stepping through unit test if you're interested in learning
this level of detail about the code.

Thanks,
James