From <kannan.ramanat...@barclays.com>
Subject Multiple versions for single row key
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:03:15 GMT
Hello,

HBase tables support multiple versions (default is 3) for single row key. I am trying to see
how efficiently this can be achieved in Phoenix (don't want to create view on existing HBase
table, just want to go with new Phoenix table).

Is it better to create a separate secondary key column in Phoenix table which is of course
not unique and setup secondary index on this column for faster querying?

Also, is this JIRA related what I am asking?

Sorry if this has been answered before and thanks in advance.

Regards
Kannan.

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or
solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding
market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.