From "Riesland, Zack" <Zack.Riesl...@sensus.com>
Subject RE: Multiple upserts via JDBC
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:02:48 GMT
Thanks Sergey,

The upserts are much faster via command line or a GUI tool like Aquadata Studio.

Table structure is below.

I'm creating a new user with 8 permissions. So 9 total upserts.

Individually, via command line, this is almost instantaneous. But via JDBC, it takes tens
of seconds to minutes.

create table user (
  user_id varchar (40) not null,
  password_hash varchar (200) ,
  user_full_name varchar (40),
  user_email_address varchar (60),
  token varchar ( 36),
  expiration date
  CONSTRAINT pk_user PRIMARY KEY (user_id)
);

create table user_access(
   user_id varchar(30) not null ,
   screen_id tinyint not null, --key to sda.screen
   access_id tinyint --key to sda.screen_access
   CONSTRAINT pk_user_access PRIMARY KEY (user_id, screen_id)
);