From Ankit Singhal <ankitsingha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix Query exception on few tables
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:43:07 GMT
can you check HBase master page and see if some regions are in transition
or failing in opening/closing?
If yes, then restart your master or try to assign region with * assign
‘REGION_NAME’.*

And run *hbck *to detect any consistency and fix them.
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbck.in.depth

you said that scan on HBase is succeeding , are you running it with *limit*
if yes , then it's not touching all the regions and giving result from the
opened regions only but with phoenix if you are running query like count(*)
which is touching all regions ,will not complete until all region
responded. so you need to fix the region assignments first and check hbase
master page to be clean before running queries.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal