From Pedro Gandola <pedro.gand...@gmail.com>
Subject Local Indexes are not used to query views
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:34:46 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed that Phoenix (using version 4.4) when querying a view it does
not consider the original table local indexes to optimise the query.

If I explain my query over the original table it's using the local index
properly:

*EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM BIDDING_EVENTS WHERE wTs IS NOT NULL;*
> CLIENT 300-CHUNK PARALLEL 300-WAY RANGE SCAN OVER
> _LOCAL_IDX_BIDDING_EVENTS [-32768]
>      SERVER FILTER BY "WTS" IS NOT NULL

However, If I create a view using the exact same query and explain I get a
full scan.

> *CREATE VIEW WINS_VIEW AS SELECT * FROM BIDDING_EVENTS WHERE wTs IS NOT
> NULL; *

*EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM WINS_VIEW;*
> CLIENT 300-CHUNK PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER BIDDING_EVENTS
>      SERVER FILTER BY WTS IS NOT NULL

Is this the expected behaviour? Or could this be an issue with 4.4 version?

Thank you
Cheers
Pedro