From Sreeram <sreera...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to reduce read latency for full table scan
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:50:28 GMT
Hi,

 I am new to Phoenix & I am trying to perform basic full table select from
a table.

 I am connecting using JDBC and I am seeing that a full table scan for 1000
records (14 columns, approx 150 bytes per record) is alwasy taking more
than a second. Scan from Hbase on equivalent HBase table takes close to 170
ms on average. The HBase table has a composite row key & the same columns
are provided as part of PRIMARY KEY CONSTRAINT in the Phoenix table.

 I use a two node cluster & have specified SALT_BUCKETS=2 as part of table
creation.

 I am using Phoenix version 4.3 and Hbase version 1.0.0

 I think I am missing something basic here - will appreciate any inputs on
how I can reduce the Phoenix read latency.

 Regards,
 Sreeram