From Ken Hampson <hamps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ALTER table
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 00:58:42 GMT
I ran into this as well just today, and am very interested in the answer.
HBase itself allows regions to be explicitly split as well as pre-split and
auto-split. SALT_BUCKETS seems like a pre-split equivalent of sorts, so I
am interested to see what there may be in terms of auto- and
explicit-salting.

Thanks,
- Ken