From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject RE: array support issue
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:05:04 GMT
we have upgraded to the server to use the parcel and we created table with varchar array column
when working with client java client like squirrel  we still get the same error (Error: org.apache.phoenix.schema.IllegalDataException:
Unsupported sql type: VARCHAR ARRAY) and from sqlline.py it still works fine

any idea what else to check

From: Bulvik, Noam
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:41 PM
To: 'user@phoenix.apache.org' <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject: array support issue

Hi all,

We are using CDH 5.4 and phoenix 4.4. When we try to use the client jar (from squirrel ) to
query table with array column we get the following error  (even when doing simple thing like
select <column> from <table with array>:

Error: org.apache.phoenix.schema.IllegalDataException: Unsupported sql type: VARCHAR ARRAY
SQLState:  null
ErrorCode: 0

The same SQL from SQL command line (sqlline.py) it works fine (BTW only from phoenix 4.3.1
with 4.4 there is CDH compatibility issue .

Any idea how it can be fixed?

Regards ,
Noam

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and
is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have
been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with
transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.