You should create a view in Phoenix to map the table created in hbase shell.

FYI.

http://phoenix.apache.org/faq.html#How_I_map_Phoenix_table_to_an_existing_HBase_table

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM, qihuang.zheng <qihuang.zheng@fraudmetrix.cn> wrote:

I’m newbie to phoenix, I create test.table in hbase shell, but in phoenix sqlline can’t see it. But vice versa when create table in phoenix, I can see it on hbase shell. Do I missing sth?

hbase(main):008:0* create 'test.table','cf'
=> Hbase::Table - test.table
hbase(main):009:0> list
TABLE
SYSTEM.CATALOG
SYSTEM.FUNCTION
SYSTEM.SEQUENCE
SYSTEM.STATS
TEST.PERSON
table
test.table
7 row(s) in 0.0200 seconds

=> ["SYSTEM.CATALOG", "SYSTEM.FUNCTION", "SYSTEM.SEQUENCE", "SYSTEM.STATS", "TEST.PERSON", "table", "test.table"]

the table test.person was create by phoenix below, and it's visable in hbase shell as you can see above

when query phoenix, I just can't see test.table which create by hbase shell.

0: jdbc:phoenix:192.168.47.83,192.168.47.84,1> !table
|                TABLE_CAT                 |               TABLE_SCHEM                |                TABLE_NAME                |                TABLE_TYPE                |                 REMARK |
|                                          | SYSTEM                                   | CATALOG                                  | SYSTEM TABLE                             |                        |
|                                          | SYSTEM                                   | FUNCTION                                 | SYSTEM TABLE                             |                        |
|                                          | SYSTEM                                   | SEQUENCE                                 | SYSTEM TABLE                             |                        |
|                                          | SYSTEM                                   | STATS                                    | SYSTEM TABLE                             |                        |
|                                          | TEST                                     | PERSON                                   | TABLE                                    |                        |

tks, qihuang.zheng