From "Cox, Jonathan A" <ja...@sandia.gov>
Subject Re: Confusion Installing Phoenix Spark Plugin / Various Errors
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 18:58:05 GMT
Josh,

So using user provided Hadoop 2.6 solved the immediate Phoenix / Spark integration problem
I was having. However, I now have another problem, which seems to be similar to:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.module.scala.deser.BigDecimalDeserializer

I’m getting this error when executing the simple example in the Phoenix / Spark Plugin page:
Spark context available as sc.
15/12/09 11:51:02 INFO repl.SparkILoop: Created sql context..
SQL context available as sqlContext.

scala> val df = sqlContext.load(
     |   "org.apache.phoenix.spark",
     |   Map("table" -> "TABLE1", "zkUrl" -> "phoenix-server:2181")
     | )
warning: there were 1 deprecation warning(s); re-run with -deprecation for details
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.module.scala.deser.BigDecimalDeserializer$.handledType()Ljava/lang/Class;

I did try upgrading the Hadoop Jackson JARs from 2.2.3 to 2.4.3, as some suggested in the
link above, and including them in Spark’s classpath. However, the error was the same.