From Vijay Vangapandu <VijayVangapa...@eharmony.com>
Subject Memory issues in webapp with HBase integration using phoenix
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 20:01:40 GMT
Hi Guys,

We recently deployed an application which serves one of our online pages traffic.

Our web application is jetty based and the virtual machine  configuration listed below.
We allocated 3.5GB to heap but java is taking about 5.5GB on startup and in 20hours it’s
going all the way to 7.6GB and jvm is crashing at that point.

I don’t see any issues with heap. We are still investigating but please let me know if any
of you encountered this issue in the past.

VM Configuration:
Memory: 8GB (3.5 Heap)
CPU : 6 cores
Java version: JDK8