From Kenny Chiu <kenny.c...@safe.com>
Subject Phoenix Client - HBase Guava Version Conflict
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 20:09:51 GMT
Hi there,

We are currently testing the Phoenix driver and using it to get our client
to connect to an HBase server. However, our java classpath also contains a
Guava v18 .jar which conflicts with the HBase library found in
phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-1.1-client.jar. We are unable to use the
client-without-hbase.jar in conjunction with HBase's own client jar as the
HBase client also includes an incompatible, earlier version of Guava. We
have also tried the HBase shaded client that claims to have removed the
Guava dependency, but Phoenix does not appear compatible with it. We can
get the driver working properly by deleting our Guava v18 .jar, but we are
not in a position to do so permanently. Are there any suggestions on how we
can get around this issue?

For reference, the shaded client:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hbase/hbase-shaded-client/1.1.2

Thanks!