From ashish tapdiya <ashishtapd...@gmail.com>
Subject understanding execution semantics...
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 20:34:15 GMT
Hi,

I am profiling TPC-H queries using Phoenix. For query no. 6 and db size 1GB
(lineitem table size is around 760 MB),

Query 6 : select sum(l_extendedprice * l_discount) as revenue from
lineitem_sf1 where l_shipdate >= TO_DATE('1993-01-01') and l_shipdate <
TO_DATE('1994-01-01') and l_discount between 0.06 and 0.08 and l_quantity <
24

the execution time recorded using following code:

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
rset = stmt.executeQuery();
long stopTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
long elapsedTime = stopTime - startTime;

first run - 240 ms
second run onwards - 80 ms

However, when I iterate the result set (single row), query response time
including result set iteration shoots up to 19 seconds.

Does the query gets executed with stmt.executeQuery() or phoenix does not
execute query until first resultset.next() is invoked?

Cluster includes 4 slaves nodes. Phoenix version is 4.3.0

Thanks,
~Ashish