From Matt Kowalczyk <ma...@cloudability.com>
Subject Re: system.catalog and system.stats entries slows down bulk MR inserts by 20-25X (Phoenix 4.4)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:25:29 GMT
We're also encountering slow downs after bulk MR inserts. I've only
measured slow downs in the query path (since our bulk inserts workloads
vary in size it hasn't been clear that we see slow downs here but i'll now
measure this as well). The subject of my reported issue was titled, "stats
table causing slow queries".

the stats table seems to be re-built during compactions and and I have to
actively purge the table to regain sane query times. Would be sweet if the
stats feature could be disabled.