From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index rows are not updated when the index key updated using bulk loader
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 06:02:04 GMT
Hi Afshin,

That looks like a bug to me, although I'm not too confident about
coming up with a good fix for it.

There isn't any handling in the bulk load tool for multiple updates to
the same row in a single input. Basically, the code assumes that a
single given row is only included once in any given set of input. It
might be possible to do an initial filtering on the input to check for
multiple updates to the same row, but even that would be tricky, as
there is no total ordered handling of input.

This is something that should at least be documented, and it might be
possible to at least detect this kind of situation (even if it can't
be handled "correctly"). Could you log a jira ticket for this?

- Gabriel