From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to run the phoenix query server on a machine other than the regionservers?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:31:36 GMT
I have successfully deployed phoenix and the phoenix query server into a
toy HBase cluster.

I am currently running the http query server on all regionserver,
however I think it would be much better if I can run the http query
servers on separate docker containers or machines. This way, I can
easily scale the number of query servers and put them against a DNS name
such as phoenix.mycompany.internal.

I've had a look at the configuration, but it seems to be heavily tied to
HBase. For example, it requires the HBASE_CONF_DIR environment variable
to be set.

Is this something that's currently possible?