From Clement Escoffier <clem...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDBC - prepared statement with auto generated keys
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:18:52 GMT
Hi James,

Sorry for the delay, I tried to get a complete overview of our issue.

So let me explain the use case. For the context, the issue was raised by a user of vert.x
(http://vertx.io). This user tries to connect the vertx-jdbc-client to phoenix. A vert.x application
cannot use directly the JDBC driver because it promotes an asynchronous and non-blocking development
model (while jdbc interactions are blocking). The vertx-jdbc-client is using ` `prepareStatement(String
sql, int autoGeneratedKeys)` which throws an exception.

Actually, in the vert.x case, it would be acceptable to delegate  `prepareStatement(String
sql, int autoGeneratedKeys)` to `prepareStatement(String sql)`, and totally ignore the `autoGeneratedKeys`.
Would this be acceptable for you (if so I would do a PR) ?

Thanks and Regards,

Clement