From Josh Mahonin <jmaho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PhoenixConfigurationUtil.CURRENT_SCN_VALUE for phoenix-spark plugin does not work
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:13:03 GMT
Hi Diego,

It's sadly not documented, but the 'saveToPhoenix' method is able to take
in a Hadoop 'Configuration' object as well. I haven't tested it, but in
theory any custom config parameters should trickle down to the Hadoop
Input/Output formats in this way.

Can you try invoke 'saveToPhoenix' using something like:

  .saveToPhoenix(tableName, cols, conf, zkUrl = Some(url))

Or, assuming 'hbase.zookeeper.quorum' is set in the config, you should be
able to just use

  .saveToPhoenix(tableName, cols, conf)

ref:
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/main/scala/org/apache/phoenix/spark/ProductRDDFunctions.scala#L26-L28

Please let us know if that works for you, and if it doesn't please file a
JIRA ticket.

Thanks,

Josh

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Fustes, Diego <Diego.Fustes@ndt-global.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to use the phoenix-spark plugin to process the data stored in a
> HBase table. Because of project requirements, I need to keep a strict
> control on the timestamps of new versions stored for each row.
>

> I'm using the function "saveToPhoenix" to store a ProductRDD with the
> updates to create a new version, and setting
> PhoenixConfigurationUtil.CURRENT_SCN_VALUE in the configuration. However,
> it seems that the method is ignoring this setting
>
> and using the server time instead to perform HBase puts. Is there any way
> to accomplish this? I'm using phoenix version 4.4.0, included in HDP2.3
>

> Thanks, Diego
>

> [image: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CF4378.72EDFE50]
>
> *NDT GDAC Spain S.L.*
>
> Diego Fustes, Big Data and Machine Learning Expert
>
> Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes 130, 11th floor
>
> 08038 Barcelona, Spain
>
> Phone: +34 93 43 255 27
>
> diego.fustes@ndt-global.com
>
> *www.ndt-global.com <http://www.ndt-global.com/>*
>

> --
> This email is intended only for the recipient(s) designated above.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or use of the information contained herein by anyone other than the
recipient(s) designated by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited and subject
to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete and destroy this email.

> Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail und deren Anhänge sind vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der Adressat
sind, informieren Sie bitte den Absender unverzüglich, verwenden Sie den Inhalt nicht und
löschen Sie die E-Mail sofort.