From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDBC - prepared statement with auto generated keys
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:13:41 GMT
Thanks for the explanation, Clement. Please file a JIRA - it seems that
your suggestion would be ok based on the javadoc for prepareStatement(String
sql, int autoGeneratedKeys) [1]:

    This parameter is ignored if the SQL statement is not an INSERT
statement, or an SQL statement able to return
    auto-generated keys (the list of such statements is vendor-specific).

We should probably do the same for the one that takes an int[]
columnIndexes too.

Patch would be good too with a couple of simple unit tests.

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Connection.html#prepareStatement(java.lang.String,%20int)