From "Bulvik, Noam" <Noam.Bul...@teoco.com>
Subject RE: Trunc () on date questions
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:06:15 GMT
Thanks,

We are writing some logic in SQL as workaround it will be nicer if it was built in

From: James Taylor [mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:03 AM
To: user <user@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Trunc () on date questions

Thanks for filing the JIRA, Noam. I can see the value in having these. FWIW, the reason we
didn't implement these with the others is because they require using a calendar object, but
since we're using Joda time now, perhaps this isn't such a big deal.

Another option would be for you to write a UDF[1].

    James

[1] https://phoenix.apache.org/udf.html

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM, Bulvik, Noam <Noam.Bulvik@teoco.com<mailto:Noam.Bulvik@teoco.com>>