From "Fustes, Diego" <Diego.Fus...@ndt-global.com>
Subject RE: PhoenixConfigurationUtil.CURRENT_SCN_VALUE for phoenix-spark plugin does not work
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:49:56 GMT
Hi Josh,

I'm doing exactly that, but it seems that it does not work. Take into consideration that this
attribute needs to be set in all HBase puts that you execute. When I use Phoenix through JDBC,
I need to specify this value when I create each Connection.

I've just created PHOENIX-2429<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2429>,
please take a look and let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Diego

From: Josh Mahonin [mailto:jmahonin@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 November 2015 15:13
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: PhoenixConfigurationUtil.CURRENT_SCN_VALUE for phoenix-spark plugin does not
work

Hi Diego,

It's sadly not documented, but the 'saveToPhoenix' method is able to take in a Hadoop 'Configuration'
object as well. I haven't tested it, but in theory any custom config parameters should trickle
down to the Hadoop Input/Output formats in this way.

Can you try invoke 'saveToPhoenix' using something like:

  .saveToPhoenix(tableName, cols, conf, zkUrl = Some(url))

Or, assuming 'hbase.zookeeper.quorum' is set in the config, you should be able to just use

  .saveToPhoenix(tableName, cols, conf)

ref: https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-spark/src/main/scala/org/apache/phoenix/spark/ProductRDDFunctions.scala#L26-L28

Please let us know if that works for you, and if it doesn't please file a JIRA ticket.

Thanks,

Josh

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Fustes, Diego <Diego.Fustes@ndt-global.com<mailto:Diego.Fustes@ndt-global.com>>