Hi Li,

We are moving towards integrating with Calcite as our stats based optimization now. You can checkout our calcite branch and play with it if you are interested. It's still under development, but you can already see some amazing optimization examples in our test file CalciteIT.java. You can also go http://www.slideshare.net/HBaseCon/ecosystem-session-2-49044349 for more information.

Thanks,
Maryann