From Samarth Jain <sama...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix JDBC driver hangs/timeouts
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:25:29 GMT
Alok,

Please answer the below questions to help us figure out what might be going
on:

1) How many region servers are on the cluster?

2) What is the value configured for hbase.regionserver.handler.count?

3) What kind of queries is your test executing - point look up / range /
aggregate/ full table scan/ with limit clause / with order by ?

4) What does the schema look like for the tables? Are they salted? How big
are the row keys?

5) Are you executing these queries concurrently or serially? If
concurrently, what is the concurrency number?

6) Do you have Phoenix stats enabled? If yes, can you tell us what does the
below query returns for the tables your test is running queries on:
 SELECT SUM(GUIDE_POSTS_ROW_COUNT) FROM SYSTEM.STATS
 WHERE PHYSICAL_NAME='your_table_name';

- Samarth