From Yuhao Bi <byh0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix-issue with secondary index
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 07:56:02 GMT
Hi there,

We may have encountered the same situation.
In our environment, after creating index on a table, we cannot apply the
index in query too.
Restart HBase and wait for a long time, it still don't work.

Finally, we found that, the index status in system table is building,  so
we manually modified the index status.
And it work.
You can use ALTER INDEX to change the index status to USABLE to check your
query result.
If you got your index work, you can change it to REBUILD to make sure there
is nothing corrupted.

Please see  http://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#alter_index

Thanks.
Yuhao Bi