From Steve Terrell <sterr...@oculus360.us>
Subject Best Way To Copy Table From Old Phoenix/HBase versions to Newer?
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 00:09:56 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to copy my tables from an old cluster with HBase 0.94.18 &
Phoenix 3.2.2 over new a cluster with HBase 0.98.15 and Phoenix 4.6.0 .

I was thinking about doing it in Pig
using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('old ip')
and org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseStorage(''new ip)

Or maybe doing a manual HBase table export/import, then creating the
Phoenix tables.

I was hoping there would be a way to do a select/upsert, but one that works
between clusters.  I don't think there is.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks a lot,
    Steve