From Steve Terrell <sterr...@oculus360.us>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.6.0: sqlline.py Hangs From Remote Host
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 18:00:11 GMT
OK, did some more troubleshooting.  Still can't run sqlline.py from my
macbook laptop.  Still hangs.

My HBase cluster is an Amazon EMR, and I can run sqlline.py from any of
nodes in the cluster, be they master, core, or task nodes.

So maybe it's not so much a remote host issue but a problem with my Mac or
some kind of Amazon EMR security issue.  But, I've tried opening up all
ports just in case something other than 2181 is required, and no luck.

Has anyone run this version of Phoenix on EMR and been able to use
sqlline.py or SQuirreL client remotely from outside of AWS's private
network?

(My ultimate goal was to get SQuirreL working, but though sqlline.py would
be an easier problem to tackle.  SQuirreL is getting timeouts which I
suspect are due to the same hanging that I see with sqlline.py.)

Thanks,
    Steve