From Alok Singh <a...@cloudability.com>
Subject Phoenix JDBC driver hangs/timeouts
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:05:44 GMT
HBase/Phoenix Environment:
HBase 1.1.2/Phoenix 4.5.1
JDK: 1.7
Regions: ~1900

Client environment:
JDK: 1.8
Phoenix JDBC Driver: 4.5.1
hbase.rpc.timeout=600000
phoenix.query.threadPoolSize=256
phoenix.query.queueSize=20000

As part of validation testing, we run a set of queries against our
production cluster. But, we have been unable to complete a full test run as
the client performing the test starts timing out after a few minutes.
Though we run the queries in the same order, no two test runs will hang at
the same query.  Here is the link to the thread dumps from one such run:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/aloksingh/bc6b72acf79da366aa75/raw/e527ee3e7bc267e6007fc36250e4f2a914eac9f6/gistfile1.txt

There are 3 thread dumps in the file, taken few seconds apart.

The client creates a new JDBC connection for each query
(DriverManager.getConnection(...)) and closes it after the query is
complete.

Any ideas?

Alok