From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replace CsvToKeyValueMapper with my implementation
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:57:28 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
> I seem to remember you starting down that path, Gabriel - a kind of
> pluggable transformation for each row. It wasn't pluggable on the input
> format, but that's a nice idea too, Ravi. I'm not sure if this is what Noam
> needs or if it's something else.

Good point James, I'd actually forgotten the details on that.

The ImportPreUpsertKeyValueProcessor is indeed a bit further
downstream, but it allows registering a class to do coprocessor-style
updates on the list of KeyValues just before they're written to
HFiles. A similar way of registering a mapper implementation (either
an actual mapreduce Mapper implementation or a Function<String,Record>
style thing) would probably work well here.

- Gabriel