From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Does phoenix retry?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:47:51 GMT
Hi,
I noticed following exception when trying to do a prepared statement batched upsert -Failed
2001 actions: FailedServerException: 2001 times
The contract for FailedServerException clearly states that this indicates that we're trying
to connect to analready dead server. We will want to retry: we're getting this because theregion
location was wrong, or because the server just died, in which case theretry loop will help
us to wait for the regions to recover.
So, my question is whether Phoenix would retry this operation internally as mentioned above
or I need to analyze the SQLException contents and retry if I notice this exception?
Thanks,Sumit