From "Riesland, Zack" <Zack.Riesl...@sensus.com>
Subject Help With CSVBulkLoadTool
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:42:00 GMT
Hello,

We recently upgraded our Hadoop stack from HDP 2.2.0 to 2.2.8

The phoenix version (phoenix-4.2.0.2.2.8.0) and HBase version (0.98.4.2.2.8.0) did not change
(from what I can tell).

However, some of our CSVBulkLoadTool jobs have started to fail.

I'm not sure whether this is related to the upgrade or not, but the timing seems suspicious.

The particular error I'm seeing is like this:

ERROR mapreduce.CsvBulkLoadTool: Import job on table=<table name> failed due to exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
No regions passed

The Phoenix table in question has 7 regions and millions of rows in it already.

The syntax I'm using is

HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/<classpath stuff> hadoop jar <path to phoenix-client.jar> org.apache.phoenix.mapreduce.CsvBulkLoadTool
-Dfs.permissions.umask-mode=000 --z <zookeeper quarum> --table <my table> --input
<my hdfs file>

Can anyone help me understand the solution here?

Also, does anyone know the most recent version of Phoenix that is compatible with HDP 2.2.8
/ HBase 0.98.4.2.2 ?

Thanks!